Archway currently has eight Alternative Living Units (ALU) in three locations for adults who have developmental disabilities and/or co-existing disorders.
Archway’s houses are all in Cumberland and are agency owned. One or two people live in each ALU, furnished and equipped to meet DDA regulations and to provide a warm and comfortable home. Individuals have their own bedrooms. Each location has a vehicle to promote community integration.
All of the normal amenities of community living are provided. Balanced meals are planned with people’s preferences and needs in mind. People take an active part in shopping for their homes, including décor and furnishings. Since safety is always a primary consideration, all apartments are equipped with standard first aid and exposure kits, smoke detectors, and fire extinguishers. Residents complete fire drills routinely.
Our Residential Program focuses on the following:
- Protect the health and safety of people using services.
- Ensure Archway services are person-centered.
- Ensure Person-Centered Plans are effective by measuring outcomes.
- Ensure individuals are integrated into community activities.
- Support to medical appointments.
- Assist individuals with staying connected to family and friends.
- Promote healthy life styles for individuals served.
- Teach and support daily living skills.
- Our staff are Certified Medication Technicians.